It’s well known around our way that I make the best avocado toast this side of the river.
So here it is along with a couple of hacks to life a touch easier. Because at the end of the day, I am always, all about making life a touch easier.
- 1 ripe avocado
- A big pinch of rock salt
- A big pinch of pepper
- 3tsp Jalapeno Dressing (or the juice of half a lemon) find the recipe for this one here
- Remove the avocado from the skin, take out the stone (if your avocado is ripe you shouldn’t need a knife to take the stone out of the flesh) and cut into large chunks with a knife.
- Prepare your surface with rock salt and pepper – this is the hack; by placing the salt and pepper on the surface you will make smashing your avocado so much easier!
- With the back of a fork smash your avocado until it is a smooth consistency.
- Make a well in the middle of your avocado and add 3tsp of your Jalapeno Dressing (or the juice of half a lemon) and continue to smash all of the ingredients together.
And there you have it! The perfect smashed avocado for toast, eggs, guacamole or just to eat straight out of the bowl with your finger!
(Side Hack: if you’re making your smashed avocado a few hours before serving or using it, keep the stone and put it in the middle of the avocado, this will stop it going that yucky brown colour!)